Here are links to the series of stories I did this summer for the “Down the Shore” Saturday section, linked by the theme “Rites of Summer” and defined only by which town to focus on. It allowed us (me) to report and write on the way things are at the shore without worrying too much about a news hook, or artificial controversy or a logical reason to weigh in.
- Rites of Summer: Pick up Basketball at 96th Street Stone Harbor
- Rites of Summer: Memories in Margate
- Rites of Summer: Single Engine Shoobies (Ocean City)
- Rites of Summer: Sunset in Harvey Cedars
- Rites of Summer: Motel Concierge (Strathmere)
- Rites of Summer: Porches of Cape May